We went to dinner at The Range on Friday night. He did great, until the food arrived. He played with crayons, his house, his books, walked around and as soon as mom got three bites of her salad, he was TOTALLY done with being at the restaurant. We were supposed to go to the zoo for a concert. That didn't happen. Owynn and I went back tot he house and he took a bath and went to bed.
The next day we tried another restaurant. We had an early reservation at Savoy and the wait staff was fabulous. We made it until my salad showed up and he decided he needed to walk around, a lot. Every time we made it back to the table he sat for about a minute and then needed to go again. So, I asked the waiter to pack up my meal and Owynn and I headed home. I saw no future at that table. I see no future at any restuarant anytime soon.
While visiting, he discovered the dog bed near the TV. Before you judge, know that the dogs don't use that dog bed. It happens to be an extra that they have never been fond of. So, Owynn decided it made the perfect mini-couch for his TV watching time. It was pretty funny. I wish I had taken a picture, but, alas I was under the weather myself and not thinking about the camera. I was just gald he wasn't crying and trying to escape the whole time.
One of the funniest things, in my opinion, was the phrase that came out of Owynn's mouth on Saturday. He was on the ottoman reading his "peemen"(penguin) book and Minkie wandered over near him. He sat up straight and looked at her, sternly, and said, "No, no, no! Don't touch!!!" I tried to get the video but ended up with a picture of him as he was shaking his head. I laughed and laughed and thought, where did he get that from?! Oh. Yeah. I say that to him when I don't want him to touch something. Silly mommy! So now he runs around repeating that as he's trying to climb on the TV stand or touch something that he's been told not to touch. He makes me laugh out loud!
He's also grown taller in the last month. He's finally able to reach the light switch in the stairwell outside of our room. He also can use the handrail that goes up said stairwell. He can also now turn the (oval shaped) door handles in our house and open the doors. While we were in Albuquerque, I purchaed the wrapper thingies for the door handles. That made him a little unhappy. But, I only attached them to the important doors.
![]() |
| He's learning to put his own shoes on. It's a work in progress. |
![]() |
| Checking his own heart rate! Dr. Zerbach in training?! |
![]() |
| Playing with bubbles at a park |
![]() |
| Like the goose egg? |
| Happy to be swinging! |
![]() |
| Telling Minkie, "No, no, no, don't touch!" |
Love and hugs to all!





No comments:
Post a Comment