This past Saturday, was Owynn's birthday and his party day. When he went to bed the night before I told him he would be three in the morning. He said, "No, mommy. I two." And everyday since, he's insisted that he's still two. Maybe in a few weeks he'll accept that he's three.
The morning of his party, I had to finish dessert and he was being super clingy. I finally decided to let him open a present. That might be a new tradition in our house: Birthday morning gift. It kept him well entertained while I finished cupcakes.
 |
| "WOW!!!" |
The party: I decided to do something small at home. Then it turned into not super small, but still at home. I got pizzas from Sam's and some of O's favorite foods (fruit snacks, Cheeze Its and canned fruit salad), while Yaya made guacamole and queso for the adults. I also made cupcakes: french toast and chocolate chocolate chip with cream cheese frosting. A few of O's friends from daycare came and some friends we've known since we moved here (The McDermott's and Petrush's). Grandma Molly, Uncle Eddie, Aunt Dot and Uncle Tim, as well as Mike and Mindi Smith were also in attendance.
 |
| He had just gotten up from his nap |
 |
| Friends, playing...and O didn't freak out! |
 |
| The sign is still up...he likes to read the letters! |
 |
| Showing Uncle Eddie the preeano |
 |
| He blew the candle out a few times! |
 |
| And then he needed to wheel the "wagon" around the kitchen |
 |
| "Oh, wow!" |
|
 |
| "FISH!!! WOW!!!" |
It was a little remenisant of his
first birthday party. He woke up from a nap as people were arriving and wasn't super pleased about it all. He played by himself while others were in the living room. He hung on to me for dear life. And then, eventually he warmed up and started talking to his buddies. He saw his friends from school and asked, "Noah! Did you have a good day at school?" I'm guessing that was his way of saying, "Hey! It's Noah from school!!!" He ate two fruit snack pieces, and wanted to blow out his candle. A lot. Surprise, surprise!!!
Nana left the front door open, at one point, to allow guests to enter without having to knock or ring the broken door bell. Owynn figured that out and headed out the door for a walk down the hill. Nana happened to be outside with Aunt Dot and convinced him that going inside to open gifts was the right thing to do. Yay for Nana!
 |
| Singing to O |
 |
| The McDermott's and Petrush's...only two boys looking at the camera...maybe someday that will change! |
 |
| He was finally happy to wear his hat |
 |
| Nana had recently sprayed the can with Lysol. He asked her to spray him with sunscreen and we explained that it made the can smell good, not sunscreen. So, he smelled it. |
 |
| And then, he laughed. |
 |
| And laughed. |
 |
| And then he danced. |
 |
| The only casualty was a burn to my wrist from the oven rack. |
So, he made his way back inside and opened gifts: some amazing books, a wooden airplane, two cars (one wooden and one remote control), a Monster's University lunch box and water bottle (which hasn't left his side since the party), diving fish (for the swimming pool or bath tub in our case), board games stickers and some wonderful cards made by his friends. Over all, O had a good time. He ate dinner after everyone left and was in bed, asleep by 8!
Quite a succesful day, if I do say so myself!
Happy birthday to my sweetest boy. He brings joy and light to all of my days. He is my sunshine and the reason I great each morning with a smile. I'm so fortunate to be his mommy and so glad he's my boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment