Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Owynn's on the move!

I had every intention of writing more often than this but being Mommy doesn't stop when he goes to sleep.  Which isn't for as long as I wish it was! 

I stopped school for the semester to focus on Owynn and his health issues.  He had gotten to the point where he wouldn't eat more than 15 oz. per day and wasn't sleeping more than 10 hours per day.  He had some other issues we were working on when he got ringworm to top it all off!  I'm running on a few hours of sleep a night, as he's stopped sleeping through the night and I find myself standing in the formula isle at Target looking at the EXPENSIVE formula that the pediatrician recommended for his reflux.  I never stopped to read the ingredients but at that very moment I decided to check it out.  The forth ingredient is "Casein (from milk) 17%."  My brain did a full stop and my heart fell to the floor.  I had been forcing a milk product down his throat when it seems to be the cause of this reflux.  I wanted to call and fire the pediatrician but didn't.  He's doing the best he can!  I found a formula that is soy based and lactose/dairy free.  I am not excited about the soy but if he can eat it and not have stomach issues, sleep better, be happier...why not!

Fast forward two weeks...I have a child who sleeps through the night again and is eating about 22 oz per day!  He's happy and his tummy isn't going "gurgle, gurgle, splat, splat."
 Most of you know and some of you might not...Owynn and I are moving to Santa Fe, NM this week.  I will take a couple of classes this summer and fall to get caught up on what I need for the nursing program there.  I am excited to go to a new town!  I love moving and meeting new people.  Owynn has that same social quality! 

He and I went to Phoenix for the birth of some new play mates and he loved them and every other child we ran across.  He talked non-stop to the gentleman who sat next to us on the plane!  He had a great time playing with Rufus, Karen's dog.

 
But he wasn't sure about puppy kisses!

While we were there we saw my chiropractor, who is fantastic!  Dr. Purtiman recommended adding pro-biotics to his bottles since I had been treated for gram (+) bacteria just before Owynn's birth.  So far, so good.

We also had breakfast with my sister and her children.  It was great to see them and Owynn loved them all.  But that's no real surprise, they are pretty great!
Owynn and Jenna surprised!

We go to see the pediatrician this coming week so we will see what he has to say about our latest developments.

When we get settled in Santa Fe, I plan to enroll Big O in baby swim classes.  He LOVES bath time so I figure he will LOVE swimming.  We'll see how it goes.

Love to y'all and congratulations to my beautiful Mommy friends, Kim Farran who welcomed baby Leia and Jenny Barney who welcomed baby Gabriel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment