Friday, April 20, 2012

The boy makes me smile

In the last week someone has gotten VERY interested in driving the car.  He spent 40 minutes in there today just turning nobs and trying to buckle himself in.  Twice.  Mommy had a cupcake order to deliver and once that was done I tried to put him in his seat...nothin' doin'!  So I stood in the parking lot of Trader Joe's for 20 minutes while he "drove the car."  Finally, I forced him, rather unwillingly, into his seat. 




Funny boy!
One day he was pulling at his shirt and I asked if he wanted it removed.  He said uh-huh.  Same for his pants.  Same for his diaper.  But not the socks.  Seriously, he makes me laugh out loud!!!

Tonight, O and Nana were playing at the microwave (he asks to happy (open) it) and I asked if he was ready for a bath.  He turned he head and said "oh!"  And he's recently learned to say no and shake his head at the same time.  He actually says "uh-uh."  Now Owynn will repeat just about any word you say.  Or try.  No sentences yet but he will say at least one word from what you say to him.  And he's added some new songs to his repertoire: "Row, Row" and he will "da, da, da, tch, tch, tch" to other songs he doesn't know.  When singing "If your happy and you know it" he claps his hands at the right time, stomps his feet at the right time and plays "peek-a-boo" when it says to.  Sometimes I can't get over how much he loves music.

And the terrible two have descended upon us. 

Most of the time he's easily distracted and entertained.  But, he's been a little under the weather so he's been tired which makes negotiating with him all but impossible.  And then he talks in his sleep and it makes my heart melt.  Or he give me the biggest hug around the knees.  Or he opens his mouth for more kisses as I'm on my way out the door so he can nap.  He's the sweetest boy and my love for him knows no bounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment