Friday, January 18, 2013

A few trips to the Children's Museum

In 2011 I bought a membership to the Children's Museum here in Santa Fe.  It's not huge, but it's great for Owynn and kids around his age.  There's face painting, dress-up, puppet theater, dead bugs, earthworms to dig up, bubbles and some live animals!  At the end of 2012 they were on the verge of closing.  They hadn't received as many private donations as in years past.  And they needed to raise $200,000 by the end of the year to stay open.  There were a number of donations that came in and some special events held to raise funds.  They were able to raise the money needed and are still open this year!!!  So, I renewed our membership.  It just hit me the other day, like a ton of bricks, that we could go there in the afternoons since it's too cold to go to the park (which is what we usually do after school).  I'm a genius! 

So, now we go to the "seim."  And Owynn LOVES it!  We paint faces, play with bubbles, trains and legos.  There's also some chairs on pullys.  Mommy pulls the rope and then lets go and the chair floats down.  Fun for Owynn, work out for mommy!

Making a caterpillar

Loving the chair


It looks like "Cookie Schmonster"


Putting piggies (coins) in the funnel
O was painting his eyes as I was putting eyes on Elmo

Elmo



Playing dress up
Oscar the Grouch


No comments:

Post a Comment