Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Random things about a short boy

Owynn has learned the difference between breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I tell him we are going to have breakfast and he cries and says, "no, wan dinner."  He says that because he wants to have pasta, which is a dinner food.  Silly boy!

We finally have the bedtime routine down.  I had to give in and pat his back at naptime, which is what happens at daycare.  I'm okay with it if that means he goes to sleep before 3 o'clock.

O is done getting up in the night.  He's been sleeping all night for a couple of weeks and it's fantastic and lovely and I can't wait to see how my school performance improves with the normal sleep pattern.

Owynn has also figured out that I use a bobby pin to open the door lock in our room (I finally turned the door handle around).  He has taken all of the bobby pins and tried to open the door, he failed but managed to put all of the bobby pins inside the door handle.  He's too smart for his own good sometimes.

Somewhere, Owynn learned how to hop like a frog.  And he says ribbit because that's that a frog says.  It's so stinkin' cute!!!

We recently acquired two fish.  A girl that I go to church with was looking for a new home for them.  I figured, why not?!  And Owynn says hi to them about once a week.  He is almost interested in feeding them and some day I hope he'll like them.  But then again, they aren't doing much but hanging around.

We're working on "please."  He's great at, "thank you."  But is a little whiney when asking for stuff and demands things.  Now, we all demand that he sign or say the magic word.  He's getting better and doesn't get as frustrated when I don't give him whatever it is that he's asking for without the please.

We started another music class last week.  He was SO animated and excited about some of the songs.  It was so fun.  "There were 5 in the bed, and the little one said, roll over" was the biggest hit of all.  He sqweeled with glee and laughed and laughed and has been learning the moves ever since.  He's so fun!!!

This morning I was talking with my step-dad about what was happening with Owynn in the afternoon.  I told him he might need to pick O up and take him to the M-U-S-E-U-M (spelled out loud in order to avoid a melt down) and just as I finished Owynn said, "Mseum?"  Seriously, I thought I was going to be able to spell things out for a few years.  Apparently, not.  To say the least, the morning was rough since he was going to daycare instead of the museum. 

He makes me laugh a lot!  He's learning how to take his clothes off.  And he doesn't go above his head.  He can take off shoes, socks, his shirts down his belly and he can pull his pants down occasionally. 


So proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment