Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Dinner with the Missionaries

Before this semester, I would sign up to feed the missionaries once a month.  We have four in the area and they are always fun.  This semester got super crazy and I hadn't gotten the chance to have the boys over for a while.  I finally got on the calendar and had them over this week. 

Owynn was a HUGE ham.  The entire time they were here.  He started by shaking every hand and once seated he kept asking one of the guys to "say something funny."  Elder's response one time was something to the effect of, "rhutabega."  To which Owynn laughed and laughed. 

Owynn said the blessing.  Five times. 

And then the singing started.  With Owynn's favorite Primary song: "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree."  It was SO FUN!!!



It was a wonderful night filled with good food, good music and lots of fun!  At the end of the night he insisted that we walk them out to their car, where he told me he was going to get in the car seat in their car.  And the night went downhill from that point.  I told them he couldn't go with them and he didn't like that answer.  But I'll not soon forget Owynn asking them to say something funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment