| Taking his pants off. In the park. |
In other news, Owynn talks on the phone now. All of the Sundays in April I am doing clinicals in Albuquerque. And all of the Mondays in April I am doing clinicals in Albuquerque. To save some sanity and time on the road I am staying in a hotel with a classmate. This past Sunday I called to check on Owynn and my mom said he wanted to talk on the phone. Just the day before I left, Owynn was carrying around his pretend phone talking to Mindi. "Heeno, Mini? Ok, you come church tomorrow see you? Ok. Bye."
Our conversation:
O: Hi Mommy!
M: Hi Baby! How was your day?
O: Hi Mommy, what are you doing?
M: I'm studying and talking to you. Did you play with Nana and Yaya today?
O: I good boy tday.
M: That's great! Did you have fun today?
O: Ok. Bye Mommy <smooching sound>
Melts my heart!!!
This week O is getting over his first serious ear infection since having his tubes placed. He was cranky all of Easter weekend. Then on Monday I kept him home because he was so cranky and didn't sleep well. I went to take a nap and he played with Yaya. When I got up Yaya asked if I'd put medicine in his ear because it started dripping. So, I called the pediatrician because I didn't have any more antibiotic drops. Up the hill, to Los Alamos, we went. And we came home with a prescription for drops, 5 of them twice a day. We made it into a game and Owynn helped count the drops as they went in and got to pump his tragus (pointy part of outer ear that connects to the face).
We went out recently to fly O's kite. He loves pulling the orange wing tails. We also went on a date the day before I went to Albuquerque. We went to fly the kite, rode our big bike to Wendy's where he ate all of his meal (because after every bite of food I would give him a bite of frosty), rode back to the park and played/flew the kite for a while longer. He wanted me to take a picture of the chicken.
![]() |
| Picture of the chicken |
![]() |
| O and the kite |
![]() |
| It doesn't work that way, I don't think! |
![]() |
| Being helpful |
![]() |
| We finally got it up! |
-Starberries = strawberries
-We play Blue's Clues. A lot. At the store. At the museum. At the park. At school. EVERYWHERE.
-Owynn walks around when I'm not home and asks, "Mommy, whatcho doing?"
-O now reads books to me. Most of the ones he already knows, that is. He sits, during our bedtime routine, on the big chair (makes me sit on his ottoman) and reads Goodnight Moon in his own way. "oonight moon. oonight cow. nigh, nigh cats."
-Sometimes, going to sleep is an adventure. He wants the penguin. He wants the lion. He wants his milk. He wants the books. And then he has to rearrange the books and stuffed animals. And then he needs his blankets. And then sometimes he goes to sleep on Eebee.
![]() |
| Ice Cream is the answer. |








No comments:
Post a Comment