Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Big Move

It's been a while since I posted anything.  Forgive my lack of updates, life's been a little busy.  I was studying all of January and part of February for my licensing exam.  I also interviewed with a few places and I got a job as an oncology (cancer) nurse at an out patient clinic, in Farmington, NM.  So, I took my test, found a house to rent, a daycare for Owynn and then we packed up and moved three weeks ago.


O helped label boxes
He is happy to have his own bedroom and really likes the park by our house. 



He's getting used to the daycare.  He cried and cried every day the first week.  He then asked how to spell Trish...his former teacher's name.  He said he missed her.  Sad!!!  But I figured out that I could give him a quarter every morning and then he was happy to go to school!

The daycare is a mile from our house and another mile from my office.  My daily commute is 5 miles.  Round trip!

We are just about finished moving stuff from Santa Fe.  Two weekends ago our friends, Mike and Mindi, helped us move a truck load of stuff up and the next day we went to Village Inn.  O was SO excited to eat there and have chocolate cake (French Silk Pie) after his waffle and egg that we had to go back the following weekend.


 Two different trips and the same pose, each time.  He's a great co-pilot!

Unpacking has been fun for both of us.  He scored a "Little Mikey" bear from Monster's Inc. and a Cabbage Patch Doll.  I had packed up some boxes 4 years ago, when I left Phoenix and was surprised by what was in there!!!

We have a great, big back yard with a swing set!  And a "kitty house."  No plans for a kitty.  Or a dog.  Not until he can pick up the mess and feed them.  On his own.



We were playing bubbles outside.  And then, he fell and bonked his head.  Sad face.
We do miss Santa Fe.  We miss our friends.  And our church.  And our Nana and Yaya.  But, we are making a home in Farmington.  And making new friends.  And finding bright spots in each and every day.  

Owynn REALLY likes to use the vaccuum.  He's very helpful when it comes to cleaning!
Hanging on our new-to-us couch...with our great throw pillows from Tuesday Morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment