One of the greatest Christmas gifts was the LeapFrog Scibble and Write, from Mr. Sean. O has played with it everyday since then. And then, his teacher gave him a letter tracing pad, Water Wow by Melissa and Doug. He also got coloring books with the phonics, blends and digraphs. He started, with the coloring books, by having the grown ups color the letters. And Mommy would make him color them himself.
One day this week, O's teachers were both out and there were a few subs. He wasn't super excited about it and I had to go study (NCLEX is coming in less than two weeks!). I found the writing corner and asked him if he wanted to write his letters. We got a piece of paper and a colored pencil and he went to it. When I picked him up form school, the teacher said he sat there for an hour working and concentrating on his letters. WHOA!!!!!
Tonight, before bed, he grabbed a crayon and a coloring book and headed downstairs to brush teeth and get ready for sleep. We brushed, jammied and got into bed. He started flipping through the pages tracing the letters in the blends book. And then he started writing the blends on the tops of the pages. WHOA!!!!
He is the most amazing boy! And I'm the luckiest mama ever!




No comments:
Post a Comment