Monday, January 20, 2014

Conversations...

O now has conversations with Yaya.  And no one else can talk to Yaya.  Mommy has to talk with Nana and, last night, Uncle Max was told he couldn't talk to Yaya, he had to talk with Mindi.  He's kinda bossy.

He also knows the script for all of our usual conversations.  When we don't finish a sentence as we should, we get corrected.  And sometimes cut out of the conversation altogether.
O: I love you, Mommy.
M: I love you, Owynn.
O: No, mommy.  You say, "I love you TOO, Owynn."

A few days ago, while getting read to go to school, O told me, "I SSSOOOO nervous!"  I looked at him and said, "nervous?"  He just went merrily along his business as if he had said nothing.  I'm not sure who says that around him, but he's made it a part of his language.  Later in the day, we were playing at the park, O finished a slide, jumped up and said, "I'm SSSSOOOOO nervous!" And smiled, giggled and ran off!

Some of my favorite quotes (that's he's picked up from the grown-ups):
Oh gosh!
Oh my child (no clue who says that to him!!!!)
You've GOT to be kidding me!
Are you serious?
Yeah, buddy!
Who say that? (used when he hears a noise he doesn't recognize)

Tonight, I'm in Durango.  Without my little buddy.  I called him to see how his day was and he proceeded to tell me that he was watching Word World with Nana and he wasn't going to eat dinner.  He then told me exactly what was happening on the screen and that, "Duck is so silly.  He loose his blue hat."  I asked if I could talk to Nana.  He said, "No, mommy.  I need a talk to mommy.  You can talk a Owynn.  Okay?"  He makes my heart warm and I miss his face!  Good thing I'm headed home tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment