Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Mornings

Our weekday mornings are pretty structured.  I shower and get dressed, wake up, make my lunch, you know grown up things.  Then I get O up, dressed, teeth brushed, maybe a snack and on our way to daycare.  He usually eats breakfast there.  This allows us to make it out the door with enough time to atart work and school on time.  

A lot of mornings I have to get O up by 7:20.  This last week he's been up with me at 6.  Or 6:15.  Starving. Because he didn't eat a good dinner the night before.  

This morning, he was up at 6.  Sad face got Mommy.  I hadn't quite woken up yet.  I walked ito his room and asked how he was. With a forlorn look on his face, this was his response and his hands in his jammies:
Mommy, the penis is broken.  It doesn't work.  
Me: do you need to go to the potty?
O: no.  I need rectangle crackers. 
Me: ummm. Ok. 
O: and waffles

I'm not sure if those two things fixed the problem but he was happy with some rectangle crackers (graham crackers).  Some days he makes me shake my head.  A lot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment