Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween 2014

It took me a while to buy a costume for Owynn.  He told me he wanted to be a ladybug.  And then a cat.  When I started looking for a lady bug, I saw girl costumes. With tutus.  And glitter.  I looked online and struck out. 

So, I broke down and took O with me to Target for a costume.  There were some neat ones to choose from: Spider-Man, a lion, a monkey and a boy riding a dinosaur.  It took forever for him to choose but he finally settled for the monkey. 

I was laughing inside.  This would be the third year as a monkey.  Two years ago I found a money costume online, on sale. Last year, that costume still fit.  And this year, he chooses a monkey.  And says it's his favorite animal!!  Maybe next year we will find something else!!

At daycare, the kids learn about the calendar and talk about the holidays in each month.  O has been excited for Halloween since the first of October.  And he's been asking to wear that costume since we bought it.  

We decorated a pumpkin!  


The week before Halloween, there was a fall festival at his daycare.  He dressed up, played games, won prizes and ate one bite of chili before we made our exit. 

When O woke up on Halloween morning, he was SO excited, he could barely contain it!  

"Mom!  It's Halloween Day!  I need to be a monkey and go to Trunk or Treat at church!"  It was 7 am. 
Monkey suit on at 7:30 am. 

He spent the whole day asking when we would go to church.  And in the suit.  He was so excited that he didn't nap.  By the time we were headed to church, he was a little grumpy.  Thankfully, the candy line was short.  We were done by 6:15 and off to return a movie to Hastings.  And then a short visit to Hobby Lobby.  And there was NO ONE there!  Best day to shop at Hobby Lobby!!


Trick or treat!

He was super excited about the M&Ms!!

Even Mom got some goodies!

We headed home with goodies in hand and O was asleep by 7:30!  It was a short, simple, wonderful Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment