Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dancing boy, swimming, and visitors!

I now have a boy who dances!  On Friday's we go to music class (www.famjam.net) and have a great time!  He gets to play instruments, sing, chew on instruments, dance around, flirt with other mommies and babies.  It's a great time.  A few days ago he started dancing while playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9UcHzRO3SQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_j2_X0fNJQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FSh8U2gOvA

Last weekend, we had some visitors.  My mom's friends, Carola and Gunter, from Germany came for a visit and my nephew, Dominic.  At first Owynn was a little leery of all the new people but within just a few hours warmed up to ever one.  Especially, Dominic.  Dominic is learning to play the guitar and Owynn enjoyed listening!  

When we visited his doctor a few weeks ago, he was concerned about his speech being delayed.  The day AFTER the visit, Owynn started saying "ada, ada, ada."  Today, when he would crawl to me and play with me he was saying, "mama, mama!"  He was just a little late in saying it but it melts my heart none the less.

Since his teeth have settled down, Owynn has gone back to eating like a champ!  I've been making formula from goat's milk for the last week and he's doing very well on it.  A friend from the Tuesday play group talked about making it for her son, when she wasn't producing enough breast milk and he has thrived.  She made us a few sample batches and since he did so well, I decided to take the plunge.  It's pretty simple and as close to breast milk as it can be.  I don't use lactose for fear of a reaction.  I also don't use raw goat's milk.  I get my milk from a farm in the East Mountains of Albuquerque that is small batch pasteurized.  That means that it is heated to a point where it kills the bacterium but not the enzymes.  It is saving a TON of money.  The formula that he was on is amino acid based and comes from England.  Not the cheapest but he did well enough on it.  He still gets that formula at night but during the day, it's all goat's milk.  I did talk to his doctor about it and he said as long as there's no skin reaction, vomiting, or diarrhea he's fine with it...just give him a vitamin supplement.  http://www.westonaprice.org/childrens-health/319#eyfb

 This weekend, Grandma went to El Paso to work on packing up the house.  Owynn and I took the opportunity to go to Albuquerque and visit with my Aunt Dot and get some swimming in!  Our friend Hillary joined us and we all had a great time!  It was O's first time in the floatie and he enjoyed it but really liked the lily pad sprinkler much better. 

He figured out he could block the water and it was fun!!
Just after going under water.

Yay for going under water!!!
I'm so happy to have my good sleeper, eater and generally happy baby back!  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment