Saturday, June 4, 2011

My brush with the law!

I forgot about this fun part of the Lake Tahoe/Phoenix trip!!!

We left Albuquerque and had to stop over in Phoenix, to change planes and continue on to Reno.  In Phoenix, I was assigned to get food and Grandma played with a very tired Owynn while I made the run.  I went out to Paradise Bakery (one of my favorite Phoenix eateries), got lunch and just made it back to board the plane. 

Owynn had slept for a brief time on the flight from Albuquerque so by the time we boarded the plane to get to Reno, he was exhausted and NOTHING was making him happy.  He fussed, and cried, and wanted to play, and eventually slept for a short while. 

Toward the end of the flight, a flight attendant came to our row and asked my name and then my son's name.  She said, "Oh, thanks.  We're just checking to see who our babies are."  I thought nothing of it and we went on trying to keep O sleeping and when he woke, entertained.

The flight ends and as I am exiting the plane, I see 4 armed guards/police men waiting at the end of the jetway.  They all had papers and looked at me and Owynn closely, didn't say anything to me and kept on talking.  What I overheard:
"Mumble, mumble...assault...mumble, infant..."
I won't lie...my interest was peaked!  I had to wait for the car seat and stroller to come up to the gate so I did so, quietly.  Not too long after I got off the plane and found my waiting spot near the jet way door, a little girl came barreling out of the plane and everyone started telling her to stop and wait for her mother.  I finally stood in front of her and started talking to her about the flight.  Very shortly after, her mother and younger INFANT sibling exited the plane, where she was promplty stopped by aforementioned, armed officers. 
"Ma'am, we need to speak with you about the assault charges from Arizona," was the last thing I heard because my items were delivered and I had no more business there. 

I have no clue what the outcome of the story was but for a moment, it was possible, in the eyes of Southwest Airlines, that I was involved in an assault.  So, glad they asked who we were!!!

1 comment:

  1. Craziness!! How scary. I would have been terrified, but I'm glad they were being so cautious about trying to find the right woman and infant!

    ReplyDelete