We waited for Grandma and Grandad to wake up and I thought we could do presents then but he was so tired by 7:30 that he had to go take a nap. So, I went to church and when I got home it was time to start preparing for dinner. He was in a fairly good mood but by 1 he was so cranky that I knew it was time for another nap. NO PRESENTS WERE OPENED.
Until, after our fabulous dinner. We spent the afternoon with Aunt Dot, Uncle Tim and the doggies. And after a lot of complaining O found some ribbons that were fun while I opened his presents from the family. He got some great clothes and some super fun shark shoes!
Since he was out of Christmas clothes, I decided to wash his clothes this evening so I could stage his "opening gifts" shots. That's when I saw the true extent of the early morning poop. There, on his crib and the wall next to it I spied, with my little eye, something brown and smeared. POOP on the WALL and his CRIB!!!!!!! EEEWWWWWWWWW, ew, ew, ew, ew!
Last week we visited the River of Lights in Albuquerque. O loved walking around and passed out before we saw any lights inside the Biopark. He's a trooper!
Some fun new skills: He's shrugging his shoulders, blowing kisses, he learned how to throw a ball and chase it, he can finally go down the stairs on his own, he brushes his hair with a brush and anything that resembles a brush, he's started to lay on his belly in the bath tub and drink the water (ewww) and he's signing more. Oh, and he can pick out the colors on Aunt Dot's "Meet the Colors game." Crazy smart kid!!! We recently went to a playgroup at church where a bigger boy took a toy out of his hand and O didn't make a peep. He just moved on to the next toy. A month ago he would have cried.
And he now has 500 teeth. Three molars, two canines and four front teeth...13 teeth, people! There's been a run on Tylenol in our house the last few weeks. I think my friend Lauren was right when she said he'll have wisdom teeth by the time he's 5! But, on the bright side, he's able to chew more foods and eat more things with those molars!
Videos are sideways but you get the picture!
Yo walking at River of Lights
Playing with the ball
He's a sweet, kind, loving boy who makes me laugh out loud, A LOT! We hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and know how much we love and miss you all! The staged pictures will come soon!
| Hilary is happy...even though O isn't. It's because he wasn't allowed to walk for that minute! |
| Happy with ribbon |
| Not happy with gifts any more |
![]() |
| Taking pictures of him is challenging these days |
![]() |
| These are the poopy PJs, before the poop |
| Learning not to touch |
| Mr. Tim is in the background of his crazy moment |
| Moves like Flash Gordon! |
No ornaments were harmed in the making of this blog :)


Merry Christmas Angelique and Owynn!
ReplyDeleteSorry about the poop - that just, well, stinks! I hate those middle of the night explosions. You never find it all until the next day, which makes you feel terrible and grossed out.
ReplyDeleteSounds like Owynn is totally perfect! I love little boys! Glad you guys had a nice Christmas and were able to take it as it came. Can't wait to see the posed shots!