It's a crazy tradition we have, as American parents: taking our kids to see Santa Clause! We teach our kids not to talk to strangers and then in December we take them and plop them down on a stranger's lap and tell them to let him know what they want for Christmas. And then we wonder why our children are aprehensive.
I will admit: I am no exception. Last year's Santa picture is great!
This year, as you can see, was a disaster!
We walked up to Santa and he was happy and talking with Santa. I set him on Santa's lap and he got a little nervous. I gave him a candy cane, which Santa scolded me for, to make him happier. No luck. The photographer said to move, so I did and the above picture is the result. My heart breaks because he was so sad. And then I laugh hysterically because Santa has no worries about the screaming boy. All the while Santa was telling Owynn, "Santa loves you even though you're crying."
Someday, Owynn is going to grumble about this picture! And to top it off, I've submitted it to The Ellen show just for fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment