Disclaimer: This post is from a few weeks ago...I got busy and forgot to post it)
Last week, Owynn started daycare on a part-time basis. He's not been with anyone besides his grandparents when mommy is at class or running errands. This mommy starts the nursing program, full-time in January so we thought it would be a good time to start. This way he would have plenty of time to adjust.
Day 1:
I stayed with him for about 20 minutes so he would know everything was ok. As I left the classroom, I could hear him screaming. Then, the fire alarm went off. So, I went back in to help calm him down. There were a lot of little people who were scared and yelling. I finally left and told the teacher that if he cried for a long time, call me and I would come back. I never heard anything. So, I went to class and my mom picked him up. She said when she got there, he was sitting at a little table staring at everything, looking as if he was trying to hold it together. He saw her and started crying, hard. My poor boy!
Day 2:
Again, I stayed with him for a long time and we played with things and talked with his teacher. When he was engaged with the slide, I said good-bye and he was off and running. Here's the picture they gave me of his first day.
He wasn't crying at that moment, but I could tell his little eyes were puffy from a lot of crying. When I picked him up, again as soon as he saw me he started crying. But, in just a minute he was okay and wanted me to play with him and his new toys.
Day 3:
Much like the second day except there was little to no crying when I picked him up. Things are improving!
I hope he continues to improve. I know it will get better as he stops teething and gets used to everything. He does love the slide at school! Everyday the teachers tell me what a good time he had playing on the slide. I love his playful, busy heart!
A few weeks later: O has learned how to wash his hand, put books away when done using them, he's no longer crying when I pick him up and he has more words that I don't understand. He's also eating better. They provide three meals a day and he eats what they give him. Not like at home, where he's Mr. Picky Pants! All of his little friends greet me as I come and go and a lot of them give me hugs and want to be picked up.
Daycare isn't so woeful anymore.

No comments:
Post a Comment