Thursday, June 6, 2013

Potty Training

Over Memorial Day weekend Owynn and I worked on using the potty.  He doesn't go to school on Thursdays and he had Friday and the following Monday (Memorial Day) off.  I decided it was time.  His teachers mentioned that he had been using the potty there for the last week or so.  It's time to do it everywhere!

He spent Thursday running around without diapers but with shorts.  We changed shorts a number of times that day. The next day he had ZERO pee accidents.  Poop is another story.  Saturday he had no pee accidents AND started to tell me when he needed to pee. 

His motivation?  Mini M&Ms.  And happy face stickers.


He hasn't finished filling up the chart or eating the M&Ms.  He now goes potty when he needs to and all he wants is to wash his hands. 

While we were practicing and getting ready for peeing in potties, we were at the park with our friend Nolan.  Everyone had to go to the potty.






Now I have a boy who will go potty when he needs to.  Except poo.  Oh well.  That war will be won eventually but I'm not pushing anything.  I'm just happy not to be changing diapers as often!



No comments:

Post a Comment