Sunday, February 15, 2015

Xena aka Owynn

Owynn spent the last two weeks in Santa Fe.  I worked a few extra shifts and didn't spend a lot of time at home.  Owynn had a great time with Nana and Yaya.  They went to the zoo one day, went to the park when the weather was good and the library.  Nana tells the story that at the library, O thought it was more fun to read the story to everyone instead of listen with all of the other children.  Of course.  They also walked to the plaza a couple times.  Where there is a restaurant with dessert aka candy store.  I got a call that night from O asking if I said he had to have growing food and then his dessert.  Um, yes.  I always say that!  I tried talking to him on the phone as often as I could.  But, he, like his mother, doesn't really like talking on the phone.  He's too busy! 



I drove down there yesterday and then he said he was ready to go to Farmington.  So we drove back yesterday afternoon.  All the while he was telling me all about his toys and his new name, Xena.  And how he changed his birthday, because he wanted to and I said it was okay.  And he learned the alphabet in Spanish!

It ended up being the best Valentine's date I've had in many years.  I'm so grateful for my sweet boy.  Even if today is filled with fits and tears.



No comments:

Post a Comment