Last week, I had been off Friday and we tried to go to the aquatic center here in town. Um, fail. They have a quiet time on Friday mornings for kids under 5 and then open swim is from 4:30 - 7:30. Really? For kids? When was he supposed to eat dinner? Oh, and it was 1 pm. O was SO sad. But Nana and Yaya came to our rescue.
Last weekend, Nana and Yaya came to hang out with O so I could work all weekend. They all spent the weekend swimming at the hotel. Previously, O was a little weary of that activity. But has decided that swimming is fun!! Especially with a life vest and an Underware swimming board (slim kick board, shaped like a skateboard).
Today, we tried the aquatic school again. And again, I failed. There is a swim meet going on all weekend. So the center is closed. ALL WEEKEND. And we showered up at the right time. O had it on his calendar. And he was crushed. I offered to take us to Big Bounce. NNNOOOOOOOO! Nothing was good enough. It was ON THE CALENDAR.
So, we hopped in the car and drove to Durango. They have a Rec Center with an amazing aquatic center. And they don't restrict their swim times for kids! We swam and swam and swam. And got in the hot tub. And swam against the current. Well, with the current actually. O has a great life vest and was so proud to swim on his own.
And then it was time to go. I could see the tired in his face. We showered and got dressed. O said Subway was what would make his tummy happy. I thought he would take a nap on the 1 hour drive home after we ate. No. He did not. We got Subway, a car wash (Durango has an amazing drive thru) and he was awake through all of it. And whiney.
We got home and I made dinner while he played games on his camera. And he whined about being cold. And tired. But his belly was full. I had recently talked with a friend about the end of Daylight Savings (one big reason I miss Arizona, besides our friends and family) and the thought crossed my mind to change time sooner so we could both get used to it before I have to work that Sunday. He was tired, I wanted to change time. Perfect time. So at 6pm regular time, I told him it was time for a bath. He didn't fight it. Because the microwave said 7:00. Bad Mommy!!! I know we will be up early tomorrow. It's in preparation for Sunday. And he finally got some rest from the day full of swimming!!
No comments:
Post a Comment