Wednesday, August 14, 2013

He's smarter than Mommy...

A few weeks ago, Owynn asked to go to the blue store.  I had no idea what he was talking about.  Until today.  We were headed to Trader Joe's for a couple of items and when we pulled into the parking lot O yelled, "Goin a BLUE STORE!!!!!!!"

I was totally confused.  And as we got closer to Trader Joe's it hit me like a ton of bricks.

If you look carefully, you will see a blue background in the store window.  BLUE STORE!!!!  Just today, we drove past Target and he asked if we could go to the red store.  Oh, he's so smart!

He's also starting to have conversations.  Unlce Max was with me when I picked him up this afternoon.  O got in the car and the conversation that followed was so fun!

O: Hi, Unka Max!
UM: Hey, Owynn.
O: How are you doin?
UM: Great, how are you?
O: Um, school today.

His speech is getting clearer and he is better able to express ideas.  And it makes sense!  The speech therapist has been wonderful and suggested that we don't need to transition him into the next phase because he's come so far in just a few weeks!  Hooray!  The physical therapist is coming next week to start that piece of his therapy. 

He needed a hat

While putting pajamas on, in Utah, I found Superman!

He found some new shoes

And now we have a mess

Two days before this, he was refusing to wear underware.  This day he came home from school, took off his shirt and put his swim trunks on.  He refused to wear anything else. 


Last weekend, I went to Utah for a friend's wedding.  Owynn did not.  He stayed with Nana and Yaya and got sick.  BOO!  He had a cough before we went to Dallas and seemed to get better.  Because he gave it to me.  I went to Utah with a deep, rumbling cough that hurt my lungs.  I went to urgent care in Salt Lake City and told the doctor what I needed and she agreed.  I came home and my boy was snotty, cranky and had a cough.  So, we went to urgent care for him on Monday.  He had a sinus infection and double ear infection.  Poor boy!  Of course he was cranky.  Half of our household has been on antibiotics and Yaya seems to have come down with the bug.  BIG BOO!!

Visiting The Great Salt Lake with my new friend, Julia

Smelled like dirty socks and fish

Salt Lake City Temple

Logan Temple

Happy couple

Such a pretty cake!


My homage to Jane Austen

Arches National Park


Today, as we came home Owynn saw the mop and decided he needed to clean.  And then, he wouldn't put it away!  He was so proud of his cleaning and helping! 




Today was also his first day in his new class at daycare.  Every August, the shuffle the kids around and move them up to different rooms and different teachers.  He already knows Miss Trish and when I dropped him off he was a little hesitatnt but quickly found some musical instruments that needed to be played with.  When I picked him up he was SO happy playing with the new toys he almost didn't come running to me!

I'm so excited for this new adventure for Owynn!

No comments:

Post a Comment